Wednesday, June 5, 2013

JOLLIBEE

What is so special about Jollibee's? Most Filipino's love it. Most Americans who are married to a Filipino or been to the Philippines has eaten at Jollibee's. I did a little reading about the company and learned quite a lot. It's an interesting company and one of the most popular fast food chains in the Philippines. Or in reference to Pilipino terms "quick service restaurants" (QSR).

 As I was searching for info I came across a site posted from a college that had to do an essay about the company. All the students wrote and posted online. Some of them said different things so I can't say I am 100% correct on the facts. I will just put what I felt is most accurate.

Jollibee was founded by Tony Tan Caktiong and his family, starting as an ice cream parlor in 1975. Then in 1978 it went from ice cream to fish balls becoming a corporation with the original name being Jollyegg. One post says it started in Bankerohan, Davao City, and another stated it started in Quezon City. Their menu has grown over the years, as I read the eldest sister Virgie Tan Chua was the one who added spaghetti.

I tried to find out the idea of their mascot. Someone stated the bumble bee was inspired through a series of children's books.

They have grown internationally over the years and are opening more stores every year. I last read they had over 800 stores, 40,000 employee's, 4,000 of them are managers. Half the restaurants are now franchised. In the Philippines you can open one for about 25mil PHP. In the USA the states that have a Jollibee are: CA, NV, WA, HA, NJ, NY.

So what are you gong to eat on your next visit? I want to try the Hawaiian burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment